Why do I need Building Stages Inspections?
When building a new home, you need to be aware of anything that could cause problems further down the track. After all, once the build is complete, it’s usually too hard and costly to go back and redo anything.
During the inspections, we may detect:
- Substandard work
- Part of the building left incomplete
- Issues related to timber pests
- Structural and non-structural faults
There are certain specifications for each of the six Stage Building Inspections:
- Foundation Stage Inspection: Conducted before slab pouring.
- Frame Stage Inspection: After the completion of the frame, but before starting the internal-wall linings.
- Waterproofing/Lockup Stage: When external doors and windows are in, waterproofing and flashing are complete, and the property can be locked.
- Pre-Painting/Fixing Stage: Upon completion of construction, before painting.
- Practical Completion/Handover Stage: When the building and final cleaning process is over.
Warranty Inspection: Within one year of the completion of the building, this inspection looks for non-structural flaws. This must be done to be eligible for a home insurance warranty.
When will my report be ready?
Post-inspection, it will take 24 to 48 hours to finalise your detailed report, including accompanying photos of any problem areas on the property.
Why choose Besafe?
Apart from complete peace of mind and safety, here are a few more reasons.
Buy and download an existing inspection report
With an industry-leading team equipped with the latest technology, we promise a seamless inspection process and a final report that is thorough, comprehensive and complete.
Featured news articles
Why Sydney homebuyers need independent property inspection reports
Property inspection reports are essential for Sydney buyers who want to ensure they get exactly what they are paying for.
Before you buy: Is your new house hiding leaks?
If you’re looking to buy a home in Sydney, a pre-purchase building inspection is vital to detect household leaks and rising damp.
Common Building Defects Found In Buildings
If you’re in the process of purchasing a new property, it can be daunting to consider the repairs it may need
Looking to purchase a property but wondering if you actually really need a building inspection
The Cause Of Wall Cracks
Understanding the cause requires consideration of a large number of factors
Cracks in Buildings
The sight of cracking can set off alarm bells in anyone considering purchasing a property